While it's been said "It's not the destination, it's the journey" ... at Burning Man, we think it's a little of both. We've compiled a comprehensive offering of directions to Black Rock City (BRC, the home to Burning Man) from wherever you may be starting, important information about traffic to and from the event, as well as helpful resources and entertaining attractions along the way.
As we have 60,000+ participants traveling to and from Black Rock City along a two-lane rural highway every year, traffic (and avoiding it) can be a significant part of the Burning Man experience. Here's important information about traffic to and from Black Rock City.
Directions to Black Rock City:
- From the East (starting in New York City)
- From the Pacific Northwest
- From the North (starting in Canada)
- From the South (starting in LA)
- From Reno (the closest large city)
- Flying into Reno Airport
Alternative travel resources and info ...
- Connect with folks looking for or offering rides on the Burning Man Ride Share.
- Hop a shuttle bus to BRC from San Francisco.
- Track your route or another's to BRC.
- Burning Man's GPS coordinates are: 40°45'13.83"N, 119°16'37.20"W.
Helpful travel resources and entertaining spots:
- Our super incredibly-detailed Reno Information Pages
- Resources to be found in nearby Pyramid Lake, Wadsworth, Fernley, Cedarville, Lovelock, and Fallon.
- Information about Gerlach the closest town to BRC.
- Nearby Campgrounds and Nevada Maps.
- Information about the nearby Calico Mountains (and their wild horse community)
- Like nature? Here's a botanical guide to the Eastern slope of the Sierras.
- Parts of I-80 between Sacramento and the CA-NV state line will be under construction until 2013. For detour information and updates visit this Caltrans page.
Travel safe - and see you on the playa!