FIRE ART GUIDELINES
It could be said that the heart and soul of Burning Man is measured by the degree to which we embrace all things fire. Fire art is truly part of the essential fabric of Black Rock City, and to keep creating fire art, we need to do so safely. Whether you're incorporating fire into your art installation, theme camp, Mutant Vehicle or performance, it's essential that you do so in such a way that it doesn't harm others. This section contains important information about creating fire art safely, and exhibiting it on playa.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information thoroughly, and for wanting to create fire art for Burning Man.
- Learn how to Create Dangerous Art Safely
- Learn about Open Fire.
- Learn about Flame Effects.
- Learn about Pyrotechnics.
- Learn about Leaving No Trace and Clean-up Tools.
- Incorporating fire on your Mutant Vehicle.
- Having fire in your Theme Camp.
- How to create an adequate Safety Perimeter.
- How to protect the playa surface by preventing burn scars.
- How to safely store fuel and hazardous material.
Now ... let's burn some stuff!