Anybody who has attempted the effort knows that it's difficult to describe what Burning Man is in either words or photos alone. There has been much written about our community in the desert.
For the latest musings from your favorite Burners, you can curl up with our Burning Man Blogs.
We have also collected a number of submissions of personal experiences that we feel are particularly unique and compelling for our Written Reflections. We think you'll enjoy these as much as we did:
- A Pastor on the Playa, by Randy Bohlender
- Days of Our Dusty Lives, by Summer Burkes
- Coyote Nose, by Tony "Coyote" Perez
- Traces: Building Black Rock City 2005
- Building Black Rock City 2003
- Building Black Rock City 2002
- Building Black Rock City 2001
- Feeding Tofu to Cowboys
- Building Black Rock City 2000
- Danger Ranger's Silver Seed Tour of America, 2001
If you've carved out a corner of your website to share your Burning Man experiences or reflections, or would like to see the websites of others who've done the same, visit the Journals and Essays page.
Of course, the media comes to Burning Man too, and they're getting much better at writing accurate accounts of the event! Check out the list of stories written by the media.