25th Anniversary Events
Here are some things you can do to celebrate 25 years of Burning Man this June – the month Burning Man first began on Baker Beach in 1986. YUP…that’s 25 YEARS OF BURNING!
It all started the third weekend in June, so you won’t want to miss our special June 19th celebration in San Francisco’s SoMa district!
- Dust and Illusions Film Screening - June 3rd 7:30 pm
Rio Theatre, 1205 Soquel Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA
- Syzygy Art Fundraiser - June 4th 8pm-2am
CELLspace, 2050 Bryant St, SF, CA
- Burning Man BBQ-A-Noobie Volunteer Pique-Nique, Info Fair – June 5th 11am-6pm
Including: The 5th Annual Costume Swap (bring costumes to gift)
+ T-shirt Transformation Workshop (bring t-shirts to work on)
All in Golden Gate Park, Lindley Meadow, SF, CA
- Soul Fire 2010 – Southbay Regional Campout - June 11th-13th
Lupin, Los Gatos, CA
- Burning Man SF Film Festival - June 12th & 13th
Red Vic Movie House
1727 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
- Leave No Trace Trainer Course – June 12-13, 2010
Emigrant Trails National Conservation Area Event
Black Rock Desert High Rock Canyon
More info email: canyonspirit(at)yahoo(dot)com
- Calendar Bingo Art Project Fundraiser - June 14th – 6pm
At Hobson’s Choice, 1601 Haight St, SF, CA
- Burning Man Precompression: 25 Years of Burning Mega-Celebration! - June 19th
Inside + outside fire art & sculpture garden!
Concourse Exhibition Center
635 8th Street (but ENTER at 7th St)
San Francisco, CA 94103-4901
8pm to 4am
THINGS TO DO YOURSELF – WHEREVER YOU ARE!
- Random acts of kindness and gifting
- Adopt-your-block, park or beach and host a costumed cleanup party
- Create or collaborate on a public art project
- Dress expressively & create your own spontaneous parade!
- Volunteer for an Arts non-profit, like BRAF
- Create an art car or art bike and go for a ride
- Get involved with a Burning Man Art-project.
- Engage in acts of civic participation with groups like Burners Without Borders and Black Rock Solar
- Have a “Un-Sale” or “Gift-Away” on your block to give stuff away free!
- Bake a cake and sing happy Burn-day!
And…hey, THANKS for 25 years of inspiring radical self-expression, art and community! We couldn’t do it without you.