San Francisco DECOMPRESSION Heat the Street FaIRE! 2013
Sunday, October 13th, 2013
Starts at Noon!
CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP!
Outdoor sound ends 10pm, except Mariposa which ends 11pm
Indiana St between Mariposa and 22nd St in San Francisco, California
Public Entrance: 19th St. & Minnesota
2nd entrance: 20th St. & Minnesota from 2:00 - 7:00pm
$15 donation before 4:00pm; $20 after; free schwag while it lasts
All ages (under 12 free); 21+ inside Cocomo
Food and beverages available with sales benefitting public art and culture programs. Eat for Art!
See full schedules and map on this page below SOON
For the quickest updates and info visit.
http://on.fb.me/1fFMSYJ (Facebook event)
PLEASE TAKE MASS TRANSIT, BIKE and CARPOOL: (Muni bus #22, #48 and BART connects with the 3rd Street T-line), ride your bike and avoid driving on Minnesota St completely! Inexpensive parking available at UCSF lot (3rd St at 16th St). Or park on Terry Francois Blvd.
Welcome to the 14th Annual Decompression Heat the Street Fair!
This year is explosive with creativity! Come at Noon SHARP to enjoy all the installations, performances, fire, dance, theme camps, circus arts, live music, DJs, Burning Man 2013 imagery, and MORE!!! All six blocks, the park, and stages will showcase a stunning variety of creative expression! Bring your imagination to share and BE the art you wish to see in the world!!! Full Schedule and partial list of pARTicipants here.
THEME CAMPS & BURNING MAN GROUPS:
50 Dancing Dragons, 9 Energies, Airpusher, Black Rock Scouts, Burners Without Borders, Black Rock Arts Foundation, Black Rock Solar, Burning Man Regional Network, BMIR, BRCPO, Bubble City- Cuddlefish, Celtic Chaos, Costco Soulmate Trading Outlet, Disco Knights, Desert Pearl Chill Zone, DMV, Everywhere, Flirt Camp, Friends of DPW, Gate, Perimeter, and Exodus, Gender Blender Camp, Hiney Hygiene Station Tattoos, Hooptopia, Interactive Photo Booth, Jerk Church, The Kazbah, Kidsville, Mission Country Club, Party Jitsu, PlayaTerps, Rangers, Shipwreck Tiki Lounge, Skinny Kitty Tea House, SunShrine, Tactile Meditation Dome, The Black Rock Beacon, The Klownge, The Painted Pygmy, Twilight Spaghetti Theatre, World Hoop Day, WOW! AND MORE!!!
ART CARS & MUTANT VEHICLES:
Angler Fish Disco, Apis Inlusio, Beezus Christ, Super Car, CDC (Cat of a Different Color), Co-Exist, DFT Whale, Janky Barge, Landau the Dragon, Nautilus X, The "Electro Bounce Chariot", The Dusty Rhino, Rub a Dub Dub 3 in a Tub, Second Frumming, Psychic Taxi, area 351, Wet Dream, AND MANY MORE!!
ART & FIRE ART:
A Vortex for Vultures, The Chakraland Game!, The Critical E.E.A.R.Z. (Experience/Expectation Adjustment/Realignment Zone), Art by Rez, The Ha Ha Box, Man Pavilion Zoetropes, The Light Orchestra, Bossy Dice, Fire Dance, Pimpsnaxx, The Story Portal, The Aspiration Wall: Collaborative Interactive Art Creation, Man Pavilion Murals, Helix, Zonotopia, You Are The Key, Line of Fire, Spawn of Dodgasourus, Into the Flame, The Union Mural Team AND MORE!!
LIVE PERFORMERS, DJS & BANDS:
Beautiful Machines, Black Rock City All Stars, Brass Band: Mission, Burning Band, Cap'n Jay, Chance's End, Deckard, Djesika, Edmundo, DJ Eworc, Gamelan X, J'Kind, Materialized, Megaflame, NVO, Papa Bear and the Easy Love, Flytrap, PiNeal's Intergalactic Cultural Exchange Program, Pixel Memory, Priize, The Shape, CelloJoe, Fontain's M.U.S.E., International Human Color Wheel - A Dance 4 Positivity, Jade Foxes, Samba Stilt Circus, Slinkycat, Tdub, The Hooks, Third Seven, TrashKan Marchink Band, Ziggy Dayz, Tamo, Dex Stakker, DJ Loomer, Anthony Mansfield, Be Calm Honcho, Dane Jouras, El Jefe Rojo, BASEHEAD, LT.D, Galen, Sesh, DJM3, Ed Mazur, DJ Dane, DJ Alvaro Bravo, MYSTR HATCHET, DJMK, DJ Clarkie, Nugz, Snarkle, Phleck, Matt Haze, DJ Marty, Micah J, MoPo, Shouts!, AIRsmith, Alex Kane, Borris, Conandrum, Dave Mak, DJ E10, DJ Feral, DJ ICON, DJ Jordan, DJ Valarien, Everett Wayne, Grumples Z Clown, Holly Rich, Kaweh, Michelangelo, LT.Daaan, MotorHome Music, naudible, Nerm, SAYER, SenedracHunter, Shissla, Kapt'n Kirk, ShOOey, Chemical Ali, David Gregory, PapaLu, AND MANY, MANY MORE!!
VJ CaroLuna, Diana Maxwell, Hugh Kimbrough, VJ Maliepono, Mark McGothigan, VJ Musashii, Ron Halbert, AND MORE!!
22nd Street Stage
12:00-12:30 Robot Rulers Rejoice
12:30-1:15 Dead Klown Society
1:20-2:05 Grumples Z Clown
3:05-3:50 DJ Feral
3:55-4:40 Gamelan X
4:40-5:00 Big Little’s Dance Off
5:00-7:00 Cosmic LoveDust Kabaret
7:00-7:25 The Rabbit’s Dystopian Illusion
7:25-7:55 Burning Band
8:00-9:00 The Shape
21st Street Story Portal Stage
12:00-4:00 Story Telling – starring YOU! …spin the wheel and tell a story!
4:00-4:30 Ziggy Dayz
4:35-5:25 Third Seven
6:20-7:10 Cello Joe
7:15-9:45 Story Telling – starring YOU!...spin the wheel and tell a story!
20th Street Overpass
4:00-5:00 Matt Haze
5:00-6:00 Cap’n Jay
7:00-8:00 Shissla vs. Kapt’n Kirk
12:00-1:00 Acoustic wandering minstrels, hula hooping,
interactive art and MORE!
2:00-3:00 International Human Color Wheel - A Dance 4 Positivity
3:00-4:00 TrashKan Marchink Band
4:00-4:45 Samba Stilt Circus
5:00-7:00 Brass Band: Mission
NOTE: No amplified sound, stakes, BBQs or smoking in park. Break-down begins 8pm. No drumming or loud sound after 8pm. Please help LEAVE NO TRACE!
19th Street + Fire Performer Stage
12:50-1:35 Pixel Memory
1:40-2:25 Holly Rich
3:20-4:05 DJ ICON
4:10-4:55 Date Nite
6:00-7:00 DJ Muffinwedge
7:00-7:15 Burning Band
7:15-7:30 Solar Flare
7:37-7:44 Aries Fire Collective: Poi Triplet
7:52-8:00 Sarab El Nar (Mirage of Fire)
8:00-8:10 Burning Sensation Conclave: Angels
8:10-8:16 Aries Fire Collective: Fan Trifecta
8:16-8:22 Enlightened Fire
8:22-8:40 Ministry of Flow
8:40-8:45 The Infinite Ballers
8:45-8:50 Aries Fire Collective: Sultry Poi
8:50-8:55 Celsius Maximus
8:55-9:00 John Goodwin
18th Street (Outside Cocomo)
12:00-12:30 DJ Sniffles
1:25-2:15 DJ Valarien
2:20-3:10 Chance’s End
4:10-5:00 Fontain’s M.U.S.E.
8:40-9:30 Everett Wayne
3:00-4:00 Ed Mazur
4:00-5:00 Anthony Mansfield
5:00-6:00 DJ M3
7:00-8:00 Black Rock City All Stars
8:00-9:00 Micah J
10:00-11:00 Dex Stakker
11:00-12:00 Chemical Ali
12:00-1:00 David Gregory
12:00-1:00 Nautilus X House DJ
1:45-2:30 MotorHome Music
3:15-4:00 Alex Kane
4:00-4:45 Dave Mak
5:30-6:15 DJ E10
7:00-8:00 Be Calm Honcho
8:00-10:00 DJ Loomer
NOTE: Any drumming, amplified or loud sound on street MUST end by 10pm. Enjoy quiet conversation with friends and exit the neighborhood quietly as you leave to respect our neighbors. Thanks!
Or complete this form: http://tinyurl.com/kjvp377
We also need volunteers to come back 11am Monday, Oct 14th to Indiana & 19th for our annual neighborhood clean up so we can leave the neighborhood cleaner than we found it! We’ll have donuts, coffee, great thank you schwag, and new friends!
EVERYONE should read the Survival Guide on this page before you come.
HELP US OUT BY DOING THESE THINGS:
- ARRIVE EARLY! Enjoy the full day & keep the line shorter.
- Take mass transit or bike; bike parking at 19th & Minnesota; No driving on Minnesota between 19th and 22nd this year. PARK cars at UCSF lot at 16th and 3rd -- discount rate till Midnight!
- Respect our neighbors, no loud noises entering or leaving, don't block driveways, use OUR toilets.
- NO boom boxes, renegade sound systems or unapproved fire and keep noise down after 10pm!
- Pack out all trash you bring, properly separate any discards you get from the event by putting them in the right bin, and LEAVE NO TRACE! We have 70% waste diversion and want to do even better!
- Come back Monday at 11am to help with our neighborhood-wide clean-up and help leave things cleaner than they were!
- Read the DECOMmandments / Survival Guide below.
FYI: Smoking is now prohibited on any open air public property in the city of SF, including the park as per Article 191: Prohibiting smoking in city park and recreation areas.
THANK YOU!!! for your part in bringing the spirit of Black Rock City to SF and for making this a year-round community! Special thanks to ALL the artists, performers, theme camps, volunteers, our neighbors in the Dogpatch, Dogpatch Neighborhood Network, SFFD, Bayview Police Dept, ISCOTT, Entertainment Commission, and others involved with this day. Thank you to CRESCO Rentals for clearing out their lot for us and being so darned helpful over the years. Thank you and HOORAY!!!
Email: flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)com to request a space and share your creative spirit, art and vision.
TO VOLUNTEER: Email SEvolunteers(at)burningman(dot)com
The SF Decompression is powered by an amazing team of volunteers and tons of communal effort.
The 2013 DECOMmandments & Survival Guide
October 13, 2013 Starting at Noon.
Park closes at 10 pm Sound ends by 10 pm everywhere
*except the Mariposa dance area (until 11pm)*
Located just off the T-Line on 3rd St. and near major bus lines. Please use them:
Muni bus #22, #48 and BART connects with the 3rd St T-line
Public Entrance: 19th St & Minnesota St.
2nd Entrance: 2-7pm: 20th & Minnesota
Bike Racks: Corner 19th & Minnesota
Taxi Stand: 18th & Minnesota
Here's how you can make this our best Decompression ever
- Arrive Early! Come at NOON to enjoy a full day of amazing art, theme camps, people and performances! The lineup is phenomenal.
- Respect Our Neighbors. No loud noises, don't block driveways, use OUR toilets and enter and leave the area VERY quietly. Don't drive on Minnesota St at all. Do not camp overnight.
- Green Your Commute! Take mass transit or bike! There will be bike racks at 19th & Minnesota. Or carpool and park at the UCSF lot at 16th St. & 3rd St. (3 blocks away with special discounted rate), at the ballpark, or on Terry Francois Blvd. Please do NOT drive or park at all on Minnesota Street, Indiana Street, or 19th/20th between Indiana and Tennessee. There will be a taxi stand at 18th and Minnesota for your convenience. And mass transit is VERY convenient.
- Express Yourself and pARTicipate! Wear your finest playa pageantry and costumery. Bring warm layers for evening. To register art/performance/theme camp, email flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)com so we can accommodate and celebrate YOUR special contribution to this amazing community. ALL sound systems, fire art, theme camps, vehicles and stage acts MUST be registered and confirmed in advance.
- Perform Random Acts of Art, Kindness and Gifting.
- NO Boom Boxes, Renegade Sound, Unapproved Food/Beverage Service, Fire Performance, Fire Art, Fire Hats, Candles or Burning Clumps of Sage: These will jeopardize the event. Leave unregistered sound and fire art home. And if you see anyone with fire outside the fire art barricades or the fire stage, ask them to PUT IT OUT and PUT IT AWAY!
- Pack out all trash you bring and LEAVE NO TRACE! Please help us pick up trash and deposit it in appropriate sorting pails. Breakdown is 10-11PM for the park and 12-2AM on the street. By 2AM, EVERYTHING MUST BE GONE and small debris must be swept into the street for the street sweeper to work its magic. If you are exhibiting at Decom, bring a broom to sweep the sidewalks clean, pack out what you brought, and pick up large debris in the street. Also, please remove unwanted fliers from cars.
- Volunteer! This is a volunteer-driven event. To be part of the team that makes Decompression so special, email SEvolunteers(at)burningman(dot)com . Or stop in at Volunteer Sign-Up at Playa Info or Volunteer Check-In on 20th St. At a minimum, EVERYONE is part of our Leave No Trace team, so please pick up any trash, club fliers and feathery bits as you go.
- Share Your Favorite Playa Photos/Videos! We need the content at least two weeks ahead of time, so email flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)com and we'll do our best to get them up on the Decom stage screens!
- Express Responsibly! Protect the event and our beautiful park: No stakes, fire of any kind, BBQs, unleashed dogs, amplified sound, vehicles & bikes in the park.
- Do not cut through bushes, where you could damage sprinklers.
- No drumming, live instruments, loud sound, megaphones or amplified sound after 10PM ANYWHERE. The only exception will be the Mariposa dance area, which goes til 11PM with a chill set. If anyone is drumming or making amplified noise after 10pm, shoot first and ask questions later. (um don't actually shoot 'em. Just get them to stop.)
- After sound ends, talk quietly and enjoy the art and community.
- If you are a registered art car or theme camp, please take extra care to not drive over electric cables or distro boxes during setup/breakdown. Take special care during exodus. Have someone safely guide you out of your spot and get home safe.
- Leave Quietly and Travel in Groups to help one another to your cars and next destinations. If you are alone, ask a Ranger for help. Remember this is an urban environment and there is safety in numbers. PLEASE do not drive if you have had anything to drink. Have a designated driver or catch a taxi at 18th & Minnesota.
- Come Back 11am Monday Morning!: Leaving the neighborhood cleaner than we found it is a gift we are serious about giving. If you're up early, get a head start and pick up any trash, feathers, cigarette butts and leftovers you see. Or come from 11am-4pm for our main annual neighborhood clean-up! A group of us will meet at 19th and Indiana and start our clean-up on Minnesota St., move to the park, Indiana, then surrounding streets. Many hands make light work and every year we leave the neighborhood CLEANER than it was. Bring gloves and brooms if you got 'em. We'll bring supplies, free donuts, coffee and thank you gifts! Thanks! This really means a lot to those of us that have to stay up all night and need your support to make it fun and fast.
If you can help with a park planting in January, e-mail flambelounge(at)burningman(dot)com and we'll send you a secret garden party announcement!